Oh what could have been… NBC almost struck gold with an Aaron Rodgers vs. Patrick Mahomes match up on prime time TV. The league MVP will sit out this game so now we get to see Rodgers do his Discount Double-Check vs. Matt Moore. It should still be a good game since it is in Aarowhead (The Packers have lost 4 of their last 6 games in the stadium).
The Showdown Contests require you to select six players while staying under the $50K salary cap. There is a catch though. Each team is required to select a Captain for their team. This player will earn 1.5 Xs what he scores in the game (If a player scores 10 points, he earns 15 DK points for your team). This brings a lot of strategy into your picks because if you screw up the Captain position, your chances of cashing are slim.
Here are my picks for the Sunday Night Football Showdown slate…
SHOWDOWN CONTEST PICKS
– The Chiefs played pretty good defense last week vs. the Broncos but there is a big difference between the Packers’ offense and a team led by Joe Flacco. I expect the Cheese Heads to lean on Aaron Jones vs. the Chiefs 29th ranked run defense. For that reason I will play Jones in the Captain spot Sunday Night.
– Aaron Rodgers will be the most popular player on the slate but he is too good to fade this week. I just received a note saying he just threw another TD vs. the Raiders…LOL. Rodgers lit up the scoreboard for 46.76 DK points last week and he should have at least half of those points Sunday night.
– Matt Moore is not a sexy pick but he should get the job done. Moore had 10 days to prepare for the Packers. He should be much better on Sunday Night Football then he was in relief vs. the Broncos. Andy Reid is the QB Whisperer. He turned Alex Smith into a Pro Bowl QB. He should be able to create a game plan to help Moore be successful this week.
– LeSean McCoy has taken over the lead RB duties for the Chiefs and he should get a lot of work Sunday night. The Chiefs are not going to pass the ball 40 times with Matt Moore under center. They will dink and dunk the ball down the field with screen passes to McCoy and run him on a lot of draw plays. The Chiefs will do their best to keep Aaron Rodgers on the sidelines and that means a heavy dose of McCoy in this game.
– Geronimo Allison is my favorite Packers WR in this game with DeVante Adams likely out. The weak link for the Chiefs pass defense is against the slot WR. That is where Allison will line up. I will even be playing him in the Captain position in some of my Multi-Entry Tournament Contests.
– Allen Lazard has filled in nicely for DeVante Adams. He had 65 yards and 1 TD vs. the Lions and 3 receptions for 42 yards last week vs. the Raiders. He should score between 10-15 DK points on Sunday Night Football.
Good Luck Tonight!
Follow me on Twitter @MrFantasyNASCAR