My picks in the Fantrax Bronze Point Salary Cap Challenge had no luck in the Daytona 500. I had to select Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Aric Almirola. I did not expect all of them to crash. I built this team to finish in the money at the end of the season so I will not let one bad race get me down.
Scoring for this game focuses on where the driver finishes the race. There is only 1 point awarded for leading a lap and 1 more point for leading the most laps. There are no position differential points so picking the best lineup possible is the strategy for this game.
I am leaving some good drivers who start in the back on the bench. This is risky in such a long race but I like the speed of the drivers up front.
** I made a trade on my team. I traded AJ Allmendinger for Paul Menard. To do this… go to “Adjust My Roster.” Then click on the green + next to Menard and then the red – next to Allmendinger. Then click on submit. I think Menard is going to be a great value in this game in 2018.
Here is my lineup for Atlanta…
- Kevin Harvick $3,540 (Start 3rd)
- Kyle Busch $3,350 (Starts Pole)
- Martin Truex Jr. $3,410 (Starts 35th) (Not worried about him coming from the back)
- Kyle Larson $2,970 (Starts 8th)
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. $1,830 (Starts 6th)
- Erik Jones $1,410 (Starts 10th)
- Paul Menard $1,390 (Starts 15th)
- Aric Almirola $970 (Starts 11th)
- Darrell Wallace Jr. $600 (Starts 19th)
- William Byron $550 (Starts 23rd)
Brad Keselowski $3,320 (Starts 5th) (Very Slow in practice)
Chase Elliott $2,880 (Starts 27th)
Jimmie Johnson $2,350 (Starts 22nd)
Ryan Blaney $1,470 (Starts 26th)
Alex Bowman $700 (Starts 18th)
** Remember to click on submit after you make your driver changes!!
Good luck this week!!!
Follow me on Twitter @MrFantasyNASCAR